Friday, September 23, 2011

Day one...

Ok, so I just got back from Hawaii Yesterday FULLY inspired to do a raw foods fast. I've decided to do at least 70% of my diet raw but aiming for 70-100%. After being in the Great White North for five months it was taxing on my bod to eat a lot of the rubbish that I did. SO ... to get back on track, I really need to get clean! It's going to be stressful but it's worth it! Today is not a usual day because I'm super jet lagged but everyday I'll give a run through of what I'm eating... aka MENU! and how I feel at the end of the day so you, if you are interested can know what to expect when you are taking the challenge up yourself.
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF...
By making the decision to eat mostly living food is more than just a diet, it's a lifestyle. The philosophy of a mostly raw diet is pretty revolutionary. It fundamentally changes the way you think about food. hense... REVOLUTION! By partaking in this movement one will start to change the way you look at the world and interact with those in it. The theory is that the overall physical, spiritual and mental health will fit together and our eternal quest for peace will be much more attainable when this one simple change is made. Nutrients are food for our cells and what we decide to feed them with is up to us. . . it's what our entire chi depends on for life. IF we have to eat, why not do it right?  Living foods and raw foods are in fact different interestingly enough. The difference? Raw is its uncooked state and living foods have enzymes circling through them.


Today, I was jet lagged and woke up around 1:30 so my first day is probably going to look a little different than yours.

I had one large avacado this morning with salt and pepper
a quarter of a cantaloupe and two apples
a HUGE salad with hemp seeds romaine, tomatoes, and arugala
and some raw macadamia nuts FROM HAWAII!
 
It's important to get 5 - 9 servings of fruits and veggies a day for optimum health.
A serving=
veg: 1 cup leafy veggies 1/2 cup chopped veggies or 3/4 cup 100% veggie juice!
fruit: 1 apple, banana or orange, 1/2 chopped fruit or 3/4 cup 100% fruit juice!

Vitamins A, C, and E function as antioxidants. Antioxidants eliminate free radicals in the body! Foods cooked below 118 degrees help to slow the aging process.

STAY HYDRATED!!!! water keeps the body hydrated at a cellular level and provides nutrients that maintain your skins health! Silicon, a trace mineral that helps keep your skin and hair vibrantly radiant  is found in the popular and delicious apples, oranges, and strawberries and are lousy with micronutrients.

It's important to stay spiritually sound as well so when you find yourself reaching for something toxic! STOP! don't touch me there... this is my private square... ;)
read something enlightening and think about all the good that resistance will do for your soul. Practicing resistance in any situation is a good idea. If you can't even tell yourself no, how will you do it to someone else?

I'm excited to start the healing process!
Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment