Thursday, February 3, 2011

Gypsy Creme Tarte w/ Recipe.

There is nothing I love more than good food to share with friends! I have been getting really excited about the 30 days of Raw I'll be doing with some friends starting February 7th. I have been trying some new raw recipes out to see the difficulty levels and taste sensations. Recently I was trying to make some Home made almond butter in the raw and because i haven't been able to afford a BLEND TECH blender I am limited on what I can do. SO I tried my regular crappy blender and the food processor and it just didin't cut it. I had already soaked my beloved almonds so what was a girl to do.?? I decided to dehydrate the "almond butter" and make tarts. Then I decided to make some cashew creme and fruit topping to boot! after about 12 hours the tarts were done! The taste was astonishing but the texture.... well... they just wouldn't stay together. It brought a tear to my eye. I decided to make a pie crust out of my tarts so I crumbled them into smaller pieces and added some slightly melted oil (coconut in this case, but you can use anything!) I pressed it into a pie crust and let it freeze for 30 minutes. Then I took the cashew creme and spread it over the newly formed almond crust-followed by a date/plum topping spiced to perfection : ) It looked a little rough, so I crumbled some more almond 'tart' on top for aesthetic and it was ready to eat. SO EASY-actually an accident but so delicious! It was so much fun sharing with friends--and room mates' friends. Here's some pix: I call it Gypsy Creme Tarte. (it's a little french and a little ostentatious) ^_^
Gypsy Creme Tarte with it's luxurious duplectic layers

Oh, baby I'm at salivation station--heading to salivation rhythm nation!!!!


Recipe:
Crust
Raw almonds (soaked) 2 1/2-3 cups
1 tbsp sea salt
cloves
cinnamon
cardamom
water
olive oil
(all blended in food processor)
Spread onto dehydrator teflex sheets and dehydrate at 115' for 12 hours-1 day. check throughout. take off of sheets and crumble into bowl. Add to pie crust plate and melt a minimal amount of coconut oil. Just enough to saturate the crumbs. Press and freeze for 30 minutes.

Cashew Creme:
Raw cashews (soaked)
2 tbsp agave --or to taste.I didn't want it to be too sweet.
4 tbsp Nutritional yeast
Lemon juice-to taste
(I'm pretty sure thats all I put in... I kind of made it up as I went but your taste buds will lead the way!)

Date Sauce:
2-3 cups dates soaked
cloves
cardamom
cinnamon
ginger
1/2 cup plums (unsoaked)
food processor until smooth, start with dates then continue adding ingredients. Should be thick consistency but everything should be smooth.

Spread everything on frozen almond crust and top with crumbled leftover tarts.
ENJOY!
don't forget to share the love with everyone!
LOVE,
The little green vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment