Sunday, January 16, 2011

Loving Hut. aka exquisite pan asian cuisine!

This place has the best mushrooms ever! The Loving Hut is all about the mushrroms! SO the best ever!
The LOVING HUT is located on East hwy 50 in the super cool Vietnamese community right across from office depot. Loving Hut is created with a vision that all beings could live in peace, love and harmony with each other and the planet. Loving Hut chain restaurants are newly opening around the world. It is an invitation to gourmet cuisine made with wholesome vegan ingredients, offering an accessible starting point for those making the noble transition to a plant-based diet.

MY FAVORITE! It's called the Fantastic Pho and is really Truly that. It comes with a huge plate full of fresh thai basil and fresh crispy sprouts! Also, if you have a soy sensitivity (me no likey) I suggest get it tvp free, soy free, and tofu free but be sure to tell them extra mushrooms because like I said it's ALL about the 'shrooms! <3 They are literally the best bloody mushrooms I've ever tasted. They bring out a mushroom sauce and sriracha sauce. USE IT ALL! It gives this fantastic pho and extra fantastic quality! A perfect spice and a perfect bite every time! The noodles are rice noodles so good news for gluten free people! overall I give it a 10! I literally find myself thinking about this soup throughout the week and it is mine for the small price of $6.95 and it is at LEAST two meals, sometimes three.
If you haven't tried sriracha I strongly reccomend it. IT's good on EVERYTHING. The perfect condiment and soon to be the only one needed. GOD the asians really know how its done!

My friend, Brittany got the orange chicken with rice but she tried quinoa for the first time today! She loved it! Quinoa has all the essential amino acids which makes it a complete protein. It's a beautiful thing! She let me try it and it had a wonderful, zesty orange glaze and fried crispy and golden. It was a little chewy but isn't chicken like that? It's been a while.

Anslee and I HAD to get dessert. This is two chocolate cookies with 'ice cream'. It tasted like heavy whipping cream frozen--but it was terrific. Cookies were a bit hard... but 'ice cream' was fantastic. it was icy and didn't melt to fast. It didn't taste like soy at all which I LIKED.

We also got Chocolate cake! I didn't really like this one but it was definately softer! the 'ice cream' was still fab! I wouldn't reccomend getting either of these two desserts. If you go to Loving hut maybe you should try a smoothie. The Green smoothie looks really tasty! mmm... nutrients... next time I'll get it. OR maybe get some ice cream on the side. That would be a top drawer idea.


Apparently we didn't complain. We ate the most of it, after all we are pretty gluttonous.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed! Until next time... May your life be full of love, light and delicious food! 
Love, the Little Green Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment